08 Nov Exciting Domain Updates
We are excited to let you know of some new changes with regards to domains and DNS!
First, we have new TLD domain registrations available! With now over 700 different types of domains that you can register with us at competitive rates, it is easier than ever to find the perfect domain for your new website.
New domains can be registered on our home page by navigating to Services and selecting Domain Registration from the menu. Here is a direct link to get you started:
Additionally, we have new nameservers! These will help ensure better redundancy and reliability going forward and will be automatically updated over the next week on all domains registered through Alpha Hosting.
If you did not purchase your domain through us, however, these will need to be manually updated with your registrar. We strongly recommend that you do so at your earliest convenience. Here are the new nameservers to use:
If you are not currently using our nameservers and would like to do so, please contact us for assistance, and our Technical Support Team will be happy to help import your existing DNS records! We recommend that you first make sure the DNS records in our servers are updated to fit your needs.
Finally, we have a great, new feature now available called DNS Management! This feature will allow you to manage your DNS records directly from the Alpha Hosting Client Area! Instructions for using this new feature are available below. (Please note that DNS Management only works if your domain is using our new nameservers.)
If you were using the old DNS management feature in your client area for your domain, that feature will still continue to function and has been renamed Legacy DNS Management. If you would like to use our new DNS management feature and nameservers, contact us to migrate your records.
To manage your DNS records in the Client Area with our new DNS Management tool:
- Click on Domains at the top of the screen.
- Select DNS Management from the drop-down menu.
This will automatically display the following types of domains:
- Any domains you have which are actively registered with us (i.e. not expired)
- Any domains which were added to your shared hosting account.
If a domain you would like to manage is not listed, please feel free to contact us, and we will be happy to review. For cloud and dedicated servers, we can import the zones listed on your server upon request.
You may edit the DNS records for your domains using the following steps:
- Click the Edit button to the right of the domain you would like to manage. Our system will then check to see if there is an existing DNS zone. If there is not, a pop-up message will prompt you for an IP address to use. If you would like to park your domain at our default server and just have a temporary page displayed, that IP address will be provided in the pop-up message.
- Once you add the IP address to use, please click the blue Create Zone button.
- You can then Add new records or Edit any existing records.
- When you have finished, there is a link in the top, right-hand corner of the screen to Return to the Client Area.
Learn more about our additional services here: https://www.alphahosting.com/services/
If you have any questions regarding our new DNS management feature, updating nameservers, or adding any new DNS records, feel free to contact us!