Alpha Hosting is excited to announce that our environment now is NodeJS and Ruby on Rails capable! You can now install a Ruby on Rails or NodeJS passenger app on your shared hosting or cloud environment! You can also install
For as long as people have been communicating, there has been a need for two parties to conduct their communications securely. Pulling aside someone and whispering in their ear is a form of “secure communication,” although to what degree the
Setting up an e-commerce store can be a daunting process. From designing the site to actually processing orders, there are a lot of steps and options in the set-up process. Luckily, there is a scalable software option available which will
A brief overview of the different authentication levels of SSL Certificates For SSL/TLS certificates, there are three different levels of authentication. These different levels are: Domain Validation (DV) Organization Validation (OV) Extended Validation (EV) While all three have their uses, there are
What is SSL? SSL – or Secure Sockets Layer – is the standard for establishing an encrypted connection between a web browser and a web server. The encrypted connection uses cryptography to obscure the data being sent between the two parties,
Prepare yourself for the proliferation of 100% encryption across the internet. According to a February 2016 Netcraft report, just 3% of all websites use SSL/TLS encryption. That leaves a staggering majority – 97% – of the internet unsecure. That figure is
Behind the scenes, we have been working on some huge updates for the New Year. We think you’ll be excited about our groundbreaking changes: new hosting plans and leading-edge new hardware, and that’s just the start! We are currently migrating
One of the most popular methods of accessing website files is FTP (File Transfer Protocol). This method is also useful for making a simple backup of your domain to a local machine. There are some caveats to FTP that you should be aware of before using it as your go-to backup method.